Saturday, January 3, 2015

Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them

I'm pretty sure we all view time differently. I've found with my life that I watch the clock like a hawk. When I'm at work(or church. Lol.), I watch time float by in an agonizingly slow way, waiting for my next break, and my next break, until it is time to go home. Then when I'm home, I watch the clock, hoping that Ill have enough time to do what I want before bed(And I never do). Bed time rolls around, and I, somewhat dismayed, think "Where has time gone?!?" well I should know, shouldn't I? after all, I've been watching it so intently all day. And so I watch time, but I don't take advantage of it. After all, we all have plenty of it, right?


So here I am, almost 21. And it seems like just yesterday, I was 17/18. Thankfully I'm not, but it makes me sit back and think about where time has gone, and how much of it have I wasted. I watch as people I know pass away, some young, some old, and some not so old. I notice as people frivolously run about trying to accomplish their dreams, or just trying to survive. Some don't have the luxury of pursuing their dreams. Or are just to lazy too.





I'm content with my life, but strive for more. I have hopes, dreams, goals, ideals, and wants. But time? Time is funny. Time says they'll always be there. But one day you wake up and ask, “Where has time gone?” Pretty soon you're too old to pursue some of your dreams. You see people accomplish things you'd like to have accomplished, but didn't. The difference between them and me? How they spent their time.

 Time feels like it can drag on, but in reality, its short. Just ask anyone over the age of 30.

 -Your not so sympathetic procrastinator, Jacob.

1 comment:

  1. Sound like 2015 could be your year! Good job stepping away from the video games and recognizing this. :)

    ReplyDelete